Check out these Fourth of July safety tips!
Happy Independence Day! From backyard barbecues to patriotic fireworks, the Fourth of July is filled with summertime fun and celebration. However, it’s important to have fun safely. Check out these Fourth of July safety tips to ensure your celebration goes off without a hitch.
- Use the grill outside and keep it away from anything flammable.
- Keep a watchful eye on the grill. From curious kids to sudden bursts of flames, there’s a lot that could go wrong if not properly attended to. Never leave the barbecue while grilling.
- Clean the grill regularly. Grease and fat drippings can build up on the grill and increase your risk for a fire.
- Establish the rules of the pool. No running, no diving, no roughhousing, and no swimming alone.
- Always keep watch around the pool and keep a flotation device nearby at all times.
- Kids are curious, and drains are dangerous. Keep kids away from any drains or pipes to avoid any accidents.
- Only use fireworks outside and with an adult present. Only ever light one firework at a time, and keep your distance.
- After using fireworks, dispose of them properly. Wait for the firework to cool and then soak it in water before disposing of it in the trash.
- Check to see if fireworks are legal where you live. Additionally, dry conditions can increase the risk of starting a fire. Check to see the fire danger in your area before using fireworks.
- Be mindful of your pets. The loud noise can be scary for unsuspecting cats and dogs. Startled animals may run away from home. Keep your animals safe and secure to prevent any accidents.